Friday, July 4, 2008

Wednesday morning Payten and I were getting ready to go on a playdate with Chalin, Gracie, Zoie, and Sadie. I got in the shower and decided not to turn my flat iron on in case Payten came in the bathroom. While I was drying my hair, of course I had the flat iron on. Payten came in and pulled it off of the counter and caught it. She brought it to her chest and hugged it. Needless to say, she was burned. It didn't burn her chest, but did her arm. She started crying immediately, of course. I was very calm, but very upset and called her doctor. They said to come in immediately. Thank goodness I called because she has second degree burns on her arm, and we have to keep it wrapped up. She now goes around showing everyone her 'owie'. It's cute really, but I still feel so bad for her! The pictures are of that first night and actually it looked even worse the next morning. She's a trooper though! Such a big girl!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mel said...

OHH your poor baby - I am glad she was ok and only got the one burn.

Michelle said...

Poor baby! Don't feel bad though, things happen. Maddie all ready has 2 scars on her face from things I couldn't prevent. It just makes them tougher. And it will teach her not to ever touch the flat iron again! ;)