So this weekend was my 24th birthday. Yep, I'm getting old. :) I am starting to reach the age where I'm dreading getting older. My theory is I'm 24 which is almost 25, which is basically 30, which might as well be 40.
On Friday Matt, Me, Pay, my brother and sister in law went camping. We went to Roman Nose State Park in Watonga. It was a really fun weekend! Matt and I left early Friday and took the pop up. We were excited to see that our favorite spot was open! We pulled right in and started setting up. Matt started cranking the pop up and said, "You know, one of these days this thing is going to break." WHAM! He jinxed us. The top came slamming down and broke. We spent about 30 minutes with my little hand drill (yes, my) and a huge crescent wrench. We had no luck. We ended up going and buying a tent. Now, I have never been that much of a camper. I am not a tent person, at least not until this weekend. It really wasn't that bad. Of course, it wasn't as hot as it was today either.
Sunday night was my birthday party. All of my family got together and had a blast! I got DVD players for my car! :) We played volley ball in the yard and really enjoyed ourselves! I will post pictures to this later. Right now my back hurts and I don't feel like sitting here much longer. Read on to see why.
Today, the fun ended. I went to best buy to pick up my DVD player. I went ahead and put them up while I was in the parking lot so Pay could watch on the way home. I was across the street from my house, only an intersection away from home and someone rear ended me at the stop sign. I checked to make sure Pay was okay and got out. The woman in the other car was just sitting there. I went up to her car and she said, "I'm so sorry". I assured her that it was okay and asked for her insurance information. She didn't say anything. Uh oh. She went between our cars and looked at hers and said, "I hope that was already there." Then turned to me and said, "Your car was already like that, right?" Haha, "No." I replied. She then got back in her car and just sat there. I though, "Okay...what's she doing?" I went to her door and asked if she had insurance. She said she didn't know. Uh oh again. I then started to realize that she was high. She just sat there and stared out the window. I thought, "Okay...what do I do?" I then realized she wasn't going anywhere except to ya ya land and went to my car to get a pen and paper. I didn't have a cell phone, of course. I went back to her car and saw her still just day dreaming. I went to the back of her car and wrote down her tag number. I then asked her again if she had insurance and she said that it was her uncle's car. I then asked for her name, how to spell it, her phone number, and address. She said that her grandma helped pay for the car and I would need to talk to her. She gave me her name. I asked for her phone number and the girl said she didn't have a phone. Hmmm.... I thought, "Well, there's really nothing I can do now." I then got into my car and put it into drive. Suddenly I heard a car honk beside me. There was a man and he told me that he was a retired police officer and was calling the police. He was already on the phone. He then told me to stay where I was and he proceeded to block her car! It got a little crazy. He told me that she had almost hit him and that she was high. A police car showed up about 1 minute later and before I knew it there were 4 police cars with there lights on, surrounding her car. Several different officers interviewed me and once they realized that there was a baby in the car, they were really mad. One asked, "Was this baby here when she hit you?" Haha! I wanted to say, "No, I ran home real quick and brought her over here." :) The took down lots of information about her. Her name, birth date, weight, car seat, was she buckled (OF COURSE!) They really started acting different when they saw her. One officer came over and told me that the girl that hit me had spelled her name wrong and had given me a wrong phone number...she had switched the last number. Go figure. Before I knew it, they were arresting her and searching her car. It was towed and I was sent on my way. I am now very very sore, but thankful that it wasn't worse than it was. I found out that the car did have insurance, so that's good news! Oh and I am even more thankful for the new dvd players! If I hadn't had them, Payten wouldn't have been tolerable during all of that. But, she was...she just sat there and watched her Little Mermaid. :) Anyway, my back hurts and I'm headed to bed! Whew...what a day!
Monday, May 19, 2008
24 going on 40
Posted by Jessi at 10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! 24 is SO old I don't see how you can look in the mirror anymore;)
Scary situation with the crazy girl. Glad to hear all turned out well and that they have insurance. Before I had kids I swore I would never put a TV in the car, that was just crazy. NOW? It is truly a lifesaver.
Happy Birthday!! Yea 24 is soooo old, you just wait - when you really hit 30 - you will think OLD !!!!!!
I hope you are feeling better. Drink lots of water and take some Advil.
Get out the wrinkle cream old lady! Oh, to be 24 again. I'd exercise more, eat better,not eat so much ice cream and brownies. Enjoy your 20's, things drastically change when you hit 30.
And what a crazy ordeal! You need to get a cell phone. I'm glad you and Payten are o.k. I'm sure it was a little scary. Now don't you wish you had your camera so you could scrapbook that?
Post a Comment