Saturday, May 24, 2008

What a week.

My week has been so different from what I expected. Of course the wreck happened on Monday. By Tuesday night I was headed to the ER. My back just got worse and worse! They did an xray and thought that something was wrong with my L3 vertebra. So, they did a cat scan. They ended up determining that I have a 'sprained' back. Fun! I was not to drive or pick up Payten for a week. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!?!!! I have a 16 month old precious baby girl (who could've been seriously hurt, thanks to the woman on drugs!) that is very very attached to me, and I'm not supposed to pick her up!?! Oh goodness! So, this week has been rough. I have been alternating heat and ice since Tuesday and I'm on Loratab (I HATE IT!) and a steroid. I have been a little loopy all week. I hate that feeling that pain medicine gives you. I wouldn't take it, but I'm in pain. My mom took off work to help me with Payten. So, I thought at least by Thursday I would be better, but Thursday was my worst day! Then Friday came, and it was just as bad! Today was better, but not by much. I have to teach the one year olds in the morning, so we'll see how I'm doing after that. Payten has been different since the accident. I think at first she was sore, but now I think she feels neglected. She'll walk up to me, hold her arms up and all I can do is hold her hand and walk to the couch so she can climb up to me. She looks at me like, "But why?" It's been rough. I went to the police department to get the police report and found out that the girl is denying that she was high. WHAT!? She's crazy. The police obviously think so too because she has some major charges on her. Oh and I found out that when she told me her name...IT WASN'T HER NAME!!! I've been praying for her this week. The insurance adjuster came out yesterday and we got the claims started. I had no idea so much went into this stuff! I'm ready to feel better and move on! This blog probably doesn't make much sense, but like I said...I'm taking pain med. I'm going to head to bed now. I need some sleep. :)

4 comments:

Mel said...

Did you make it through class this morning? I have been praying for you and I will continue to pray for you. Please take care of yourself, let me know if I can help out in any way.

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...

Thanks Mel! Yes, I made it through...but barely. We left right after communion because I couldn't sit there anymore. We'll see how this week goes.

Anonymous said...

What!?! I didn't even know you were in an accident! I'm so sorry... that must've been so scary! We need to be in better touch girl!