I feel myself drifting. Why do I do this? Why is it that I am so In love with God, but sometimes find myself not really talking to Him for days. I mean really talking to him. I'm just going through the motions. I hate this. There used to be such a fire in me. Then, I got busy. Ugh, this breaks my heart. I got married, had a baby...you know, all of that. My life is consumed with my family. I live my every moment for them. As much as I'm okay with this, it saddens me. I want to live my ever moment for my Creator! I want to have the fire burning in me that I used to have! I'm tired of this everyday life of just being a housewife. I want to be MORE than JUST a housewife. I want to change people, I want to show people God's love! And most of all, I want to do my best to be as in love with my Lord as He is with me.
[Lord, sweep me off my feet. I need you to hold me.]
Friday, August 1, 2008
Going through the motions.
Posted by Jessi at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The fire will come and the fire will go. It is with these emotions we feel the greatness of God in different points of our life. The great thing is you can live for your family and God at the same time. Maybe God IS using you as "just a housewife." You may want to feel the energy of sharing God with others, but he made need you to share that with the two that live with you on a daily basis. God loves you for you, not on what you do or do not do on this earth. Show the love of Jesus to your little family. Even with the day to day motions of us housewives God can do amazing things with us!
Love you!
I so hear what you are saying.........and I am here for you if you need to talk. I will be praying for you and know that you are not alone w/ your thoughts and feelings.
You may not feel that fire, but it doesn't mean you aren't shining brightly. You and Matt both are such great examples to all of us of the true love of Christ. Your quiet words and actions show us all that God IS the center of your life. Your love for your family is of Him... as the Bible says, "God IS love."
We all struggle with keeping our relationship with our Creator strong, but he's always there, ready for you to come.
I really appreciate your post, and I share in the same prayer request!
Love ya.
Jen, Mel and Pam-
How good it is to know that I have great friends in you all! Thank you so much for reassuring me that I'm okay and not alone. I feel much better and not so 'guilty'. I have known since I was a child that I just wanted to be a mom. I can show God through motherhood as well. Thank you again! I'm truly blessed to have you as my friends!
Sweet, sweet Jessi...I know exactly how you feel. I "struggle" with this every couple of months..when I feel like life is sweeping by without me! It is SO hard to be a SAHM..you get caught up in the cooking, cleaning, sweeping, dusting, dirty diapers, breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner drama, picking up after everyone, very little time for yourself daily grind! Trust me I know! :) But just remember that children and husbands are a blessing from God! God often uses the "lowly" of the world to shine brightly...and trust me sometimes this world thinks of us SAHM as "lowly"! But we have one of the hardest jobs of all..God is trusting us to bring love and joy into our home..to make our home shine brightly with his love, to teach our children to know, honor and love Him, to respect and care for our husbands...So maybe God has you at home to just that!! That's why I think God has "called me home"...I think its hard to go against the flow of the world.. women fought for us to be able to leave the kids at daycare all day so we could persue our own careers, our own lives...but that's not always God's plan for every woman. Sometimes we have to put our own desires on the back burner to put our focus on the family - which should ultimately include God. I think you are doing an amazing job and certainly God is proud of you and what you are doing inside that home of yours! :) Keep your head held high sweetie, you are a child of the most high God!!!! I love you friend. If you want to check out a great blog about being a stay at home wife and mom..check this one out. Her name is Jill and she is totally seeking God's heart and has done wonders for how I view children, husbands, and just simply being a wife and a mommy! Her blog is www.forevernevernalways1.blogspot.com - God's worked on my heart through her a LOT the past few weeks..just like God has used you to help me! :) Love you lots!
Post a Comment