Friday, May 30, 2008

Introducing...PANTIES!

STARTING THIS INSTANT PAYTEN IS GOING TO BE POTTY TRAINED! She has been on the potty before, but I didn't want to push it on her, now I'm pushing!

I was cleaning the office today and Payten was in the living room watching tv. I noticed that she was being very quiet. You mom's know that means trouble. I walked down the hall and could smell...well, you know. I got to the living room and saw the damage! Payten has pooped and decided that she didn't want that on her so she just pulled her diaper off!!! There was poop everywhere!!! I'm talking the floor, the tv, of course all over her! EVERYWHERE!!! I couldn't believe it! I just stood there in shock! She went straight to the tub and is now wearing panties. Holy Moly! I'm sure I'm going to be cleaning my floor for weeks to come! Any potty training tips? I'm new at this you know! :)

Photobucket

What in the world?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Mel said...

First of all...did you put that bow in her hair to match her panties? hehehe I put the potty chair in the room that we are in - if she is playing in her room, then that is where the potty chair is and so on. And I let my kids go naked and that always worked great, esp. when they are just learning to get on the potty chair. And I have set a timer, and when it goes off, it is time to sit on the potty chair. Let me know how is goes??? Good luck.

Pam said...

Holy Cow! How old is Payten? Payt is just now on the verge of complete potty training success (of course, boys usually take longer). he is doing so well- I guess you just have to make up your mind that you are going to deal with the mess and just do it- sounds like you're already on track!

Jessi said...

Thanks Mel! I'll try that! Pam, Payten is 16 months old. I know, she's just a baby! But, she really seems to be ready! Better now than later I guess.

Pam said...

Oh yeah, my email was down at work yesterday so I never got to send you a response to your question- so here it is: the yoga class is on Thursdays for 8 weeks (skip the week of VBS, though) at 3:30 in the gym. Bring your own mat, wear comfy clothes (they recommend pants, not shorts) and it is totally by donation only, so no set prices or anything and all proceeds go to Komen. There will also be childcare for free. Hope that helps, if not, give me a call!

Michelle said...

You are one brave woman. Maddie started training really early too. But it ended up being a year long process. Major pain. With Becca, I just waited until she was completely ready. It took about a week. (she was 2 1/2) Much easier. She's still in diapers at night (she's almost 3 1/2) but I can deal with that. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Here's what I learned. Even very young they figure out that potty is something they have control of. If it becomes a big struggle, ditch it and try again later. With Zach, he seemed ready at about 18 months and then it was a major battle. We stopped trying and I waited until one morning when he woke up and said "potty". When I put him on the potty and he went, I made sure we were at home for the whole week and just let him run around in undies. The day before his second birthday he was officially potty trained. :)

Anonymous said...

OKAY... MY TURN. UPDATE :)