So here are some pictures from this last week. Sunday morning was a disaster! First, I hate my hair. It's so short again and I look like a mom...I hate looking like what I am. Does that make sense? :) Then, it was so cold and Matt told me that Payten wouldn't hunting for Easter eggs unless she wore pantie hose. What?! No frilly socks that I shopped for for over an hour the days before?! Then, I couldn't find her shoes! I was certain that I had laid them on the couch, but they were no where to be found. As most of you have noticed, our family really isn't about shoes anyway. I hardly wear them at all, and I've raised my daughter to be the same way. But, it was Easter! Matt said, "She never wears shoes anyway, let's just go!" My reply was, "It's Easter, it's all about the shoes!" What?! Yeah, I said it. So, alas I finally find her shoes in the top drawer of her dresser! (Angels singing) BUT---then I can't find her precious pink pearl headband that I spent way too much money on! (Which I we didn't find until today) (Oh! and it was in the net around Pay's bed! Don't ask how, cause I don't know) You know how Payten's head always has to be decorated by something, and Easter Sunday was certainly no exception! Finally, we realize we've missed class and if we don't leave we'll miss Easter altogether! So, I put a plain green headband on her and none of us say a word until we get to Norman. :) We then decide to chill out and get over our disastrous morning. Church was GREAT! Brad, Lacey and Laynie came again and it felt like God was speaking right to them through Rusty! Wow, God never ceases to amaze me! I LOVE OUR CHURCH!!! We then spent the day at Matt's dad's house. His youngest brothers, ages 15 and 12 live in Colorado and had to leave Sunday afternoon. I hate it when they leave. :( So, here are some pictures from our glorious day! :)
Payten with her stinkin coat on Easter! Yes, her basket was pink camo!
Oh, we ran into the Carpenter's during the week, while searching for our frilly socks and basket! Here's Reese and Pay..they LOVE each other! :)
Mattie and Me at my fav-Red Robin!
Pay at Red Robin
Matt's 15 year old brother, Hunter, Lacey and Layniebug!
Pay and Uncle Hunter--They're buddies!
Payten and Trapper (Matt's youngest brother)She loves him! They're a lot alike!
Can't forget Uncle Topher! (Matt's 22 year old brother, Chris) He's amazing!
Oops, I cut Daddy out! But doesn't Pay look cute!?
My precious family!
Oh, I found my dream house! I WILL have this someday! (If I keep telling myself this, maybe it will work)
The End! (Whew)
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
2nd of the day (Easter Weekend)
Posted by Jessi at 8:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That blog was great. Not everyday can be easy, even if it is Easter. Payten would look great w/ or w/out a headband or w/ or w/out shoes. I don't wear shoes either and Abby has taken after me too. The pic.'s were great!!
Wait until you have another one and have to get two kids ready. It's a chore. And here I am having a third? What was I thinking?
And coat or not- she looked adorable. Did you see my girls on Easter? It was barely above freezing in Iowa!
And as far as the dream house- Have you read "The Secret"? Someday it will happen. I've just decided that we can't be in a hurry to have everything right now when we're young. What would we have to look forward to? But until then, keep dreaming. It passes the time. :)
Post a Comment