Monday, April 14, 2008

Bye Bye Crib!

Payten will be 15 months old on Friday and she has moved out of her crib! We-when I say 'we' I mean I- spent nearly two hours taking Payten's crib apart and turning it into the toddler bed stage. I thought it was safer for her to roll out of it being 1 foot off the ground, rather than climbing out and falling 3 feet! So, I went and got a really thick swimming noodle and new sheet and blanket for her 'new' bed! I cut the noodle the same length of her bed and put it under her fitted sheet. This way it will stop her from rolling out, and I don't have to have a hideous railing blocking the view of her precious bed! :) The noodle works GREAT! She has been in her bed for 3 nights now and hasn't rolled out once! I'm so proud! She does hate the thing though. Haha. Now that we can't 'lock' her in the crib and let her fall asleep, she just crawls out of bed and comes in our room. I can't believe I have a child that's old enough to do that! We blocked off the rest of the house to where if she does come our of her room, she can only come into ours. The first two nights were rough. The first night I had to lay in her bed with her until she finally fell asleep about 2 hours later. Last night was a complete failure. I would put her in her bed, and she would follow me to our room. This happened about 8 times. Finally , at 11:30 Matt said, "Okay! Just let her sleep in here!" Two hours after that I put her in her bed. This morning I woke up to her precious face smiling at me! :) LOVE IT! Tonight, I took her in her room at 8:40, we said our prayers, I sat beside her bed with my hand on her back and by 8:45 she was sound asleep! She is still, at midnight, in her OWN bed, alone, and out like a light! SUCCESS!!! Here are some pictures of my big girl in her new bed!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Swimming noodle. What a cool idea.

It's amazing how fast they grow. Just wait until they are in a top bunk. That seems unreal to me!

Mel said...

Neat idea w/ the swimming noodle, I may do that (L is still sleeping in her crib). I feel for ya w/ bed time, that is one reason why L is still in her crib, b/c I know bedtime will be rough when we start her in her toddler bed. Pay looks so sweet sleeping, I love sleeping photos.