So today, (just like any other day) Me, Mom and Payten went to walmart. And as usual, Payten gets hungry as we're in there. So, I leave mom and take payten out to the car to nurse her. I have always heard the stories of moms nursing their babies in the back seat and some lunatic getting in the car, in the front seat and driving away with the mom and baby in it. So...me being the smart, cautious woman that I am, I ALWAYS lock the car while I'm nursing! So, I put payten in the back seat, get in the front, turn the car on and air on high, lock the doors...yes, all of them....and slam the door shut....I turn to get in the back seat and it hits me...I didn't leave her door open. She's already screaming at the top of her lungs because she's starving, poor child, and now I've locked her in and myself out! I try to stay calm and then realize that there's nothing I can do. I stir up the courage to LEAVE THE CAR WITH HER IN IT!!! (Oh, what a heartbreak!!!) and run back into Walmart to find my mom! I'm litterally sprinting through walmart calling for my mom, not having a care in the world that people are staring at me thinking I'm crazy! I finally find her and start to loose it. I tell her that I locked Payten in the car and to call Matt to see where he is. OF COURSE---he's like 30 miles away! So, mom calls 911 to have the firemen bring the 'jaws of life' to save my poor, starving, stuck in my car, baby girl! Okay, so not the jaws of life, but poor, starving, and stuck...yes. As mom is on the phone with 911 I start running back outside. As if all this wasn't enough I start sprinting through the parking lot and can't find my car!!!!! I finally find it after what seemed like 30 minutes but was really like 1 and I look in to find my baby girl sitting in her carseat screaming with huge real life tears pooring down her face! Oh Lord help me....then I REALLY loose it!!! I don't remember much except there were a lot of women coming up asking if something was wrong..."No, nothing's wrong..I'm just screaming and bawling my eyes out and banging on my car for no reason." Haha, okay I didn't really say that. Now my throat hurts. Within less that 1 minute I hear sirens...THANK YOU LORD, I don't know how much longer I could've watched her stuck in there! So, they poor out of the fire truck carrying the "jaws of life" aka a big slim-jim and take like maybe 2 minutes to get the car open. I'm on the other side of the car, still crying and they unlock all the doors. I jump in to that car and scoop up my poor child! I just hold her crying and crying and telling her I'm sorry. I now realize that she had no idea anything was wrong except for the fact that she was hungry!! :) So, all in all she was in the car for maybe 10 minutes, but it was the most terrifying 10 minutes of my life! Thank the Lord for Firemen!!! So, I have yet to put her down and won't let anyone take her from me. I don't know...she might get locked in their arms or something. :) All is okay now...but what a fright it was!!!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Wow! What a story Jessi! I would have been crying my eyes out. Remind me to tell you of Becca's story and what we did when she was just 7 weeks old. Being a parent can be so frightening!
Post a Comment